LG&E and KU Energy Sourcing Assistant I, II, or Sr in Louisville, Kentucky
Sourcing Assistant I, II, or Sr
· Manage the Oracle’s buyer’s pool, to include processing approved requisitions in a timely manner, create purchase orders and certify suppliers
· Manage the integrity of the Oracle vendor master to include ensuring that only legitimate, approved vendors are added.
· Change supplier information
· Manage and perform all duties associated with supplier certification
· Provide administrative support to the department to include answering phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangement, working at company sponsored events, purchasing office supplies, maintaining office equipment.
· Provide back up to the departmental administrative assistant and other sourcing leaders
· Assist sourcing leaders in procurement activities,
· Maintain the department contract and supplier files
· Assist in the scanning of contract and related document. Perform quality check on the document submitted to scanning.
· Respond to inquiries from vendors, internal customers and support groups and/or refer to the appropriate person.
· Process invoices for payment, with assistance from others, within department guidelines while maximizing cash flow. (Power Generation and Project Engineering and Storm Restoration efforts only)
· Works closely with procurement professionals, suppliers, and internal customers to resolve situations and provide needed information on a timely basis.
· Research inquiries regarding invoices and payment status.
· Performs routine typing, document handling, filing, and copying in support of plant procurement professionals and other internal customers.
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Primarily sitting with some standing, walking, stooping, etc. Close work with computer terminals and multi-functional devices.
Normal office environment
Required Education & Experience:
Associates degree or alternate combination of skills and experience that results in equivalent job knowledge. Requires proficiency in grammar and spelling, perform arithmetic calculations, ability to type and operate general office equipment. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Customer service oriented. Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills. Proficiency in dealing with details. Requires good written and oral communication. Proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office suite of software products preferred (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Oracle needed but not required.
820 West Broadway
Admin or Clerical Support
This position provides processing of supplier and employee payment requests in a timely manner according to corporate policies and procedures, and purchasing agreements. The position will be filled as a I, II or Sr. This can be a developmental position to offer upward mobility for administrative personnel.
The incumbent will develop through accomplishment of assigned duties by working with the other procurement professionals to gain an increased knowledge of the Company and accounts payable responsibilities. Acquired expertise and skills should provide incumbent advancement.
Company Paid Relocation - External:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.